Monday, August 30, 2010

Two Words

I went on an adventure this weekend and not only did I live to tell about it, I loved the whole damn thing.

In a few weeks I'm going to be taking a group of students from my new school out for an 2 day/1 night backpacking trip through the backwoods. In order to prepare for this trip, I backpacked down the Appalachian Trail for four days to learn the skills I'll need to lead my students. I'll be writing about this experience more in depth sometime over the next few days but for now I just want to list two words phrases that tell the story of this amazing adventure. While some of them may not make sense others represent the nature of this trip. Enjoy

*very nervous
*six strangers
*sore hands
*real tired
*bear bag
*hot spots
*getting "lost"
*tough riddles
*the leader
*reading maps
*scuba woman
*raising tarps
*truckers hitch
*fire tower
*red trail
*head lamps
*hurt back
*green trail
*packs on
*raccoon ridge
*work late
*up early
*always learning
*green window
*walking sticks
*hot sauce
*micro-trash
*forest fire
*no water
*orange moon
*white trail
*everybody poops
*packs off
*morning stretch
*orange trail
*scenic point
*the woofer
*power clap
*challenge & support
*blue trail
*six friends
*so proud

No comments:

Post a Comment